THEOLOGY UNPLUGGED* is a thirty part basic theology programme written for young people in a way that makes theology interesting and relevant. (Sample only available now – see note below*)
One of the responsibilities of youth ministry is to help young people gain a grasp of basic Christian doctrine and its relevance to them—in other words to know what they believe and why its important. Theology Unplugged*
aims to do just that in a way that is interesting and engaging. Those seeking to have a better understanding of the Christian faith will learn important truths that will have immediate application in their lives.
Each session consists of the following:
- Questions for discussion: These are designed to create interest in the topic and to get participants thinking before moving on to a related teaching component.
- Bible study: A series of Bible verses and accompanying questions are provided as the teaching core of the session. In a group setting the leader can either look these up and their content in “lecture style”, or have participants look them up and discuss their answers together.
- Sections to read: These expand on what participants discover through the Bible study passages and questions. Again, the leader can either use these sections to supplement their own teaching, or can suggest that participants to read through these together.
- Questions for personal reflection: These are designed to encourage participants to reflect on the personal implications of what they have been learning
- A Revision Quiz: Designed to test and reinforce what has been learned.
- Further points for reflection: This content gives participants more content to reflect on in their own time.
Theology is presented from an evangelical perspective with various viewpoints presented allowing students to draw their own conclusions. That being said, not every youth leader will agree with what’s written. That’s why, when you download the material from our website, you not only get each session as a .pdf file, but you also receive the original Microsoft Publisher file the material was written in. This allows you to add your own touches and present your own theological convictions.
The material is flexible. It can be utilised in one of four ways as follows, or a suitable combination of these ways depending on your own needs and preferences.
- A course for young people to work through alone. Youth leaders can mark and return completed papers.
- As resource material for small group study and reflection.
- As resource material for a lecture style presentation
- As core material for the youth leader to copy and paste, developing their own curriculum.
Theology Unplugged* consists of six modules each of five sessions (see below). Sessions are all stand-alone meaning they can be taught in any order as suits your needs at the time.
Each module consist of the following resources:
- Five participant’s workbook each containing questions for discussion.
- A Leader’s Guide containing a range of learning activities and guidance on how to best teach the material
The SIX modules each cover five topics as follows:
*NOTE: This resource is awaiting funding before being produced. If this can be secured we will have module 1 complete by January 2014 and the other five modules progressively complete in the following few months.
For further information click on the links below:
- Download a copy of our information booklet.
- Visit our store to view a free sample of participant notes and the leader’s guide for module 1 session 1.