- ONLINE STORE
- CONTACT US
NOTE: We are currently experiencing difficulties with our store and will be updating our site in September 2016. In the meantime you can purchase items by contacting us with details of what samples you’d like to download and what products you’d like to purchase. We will advise you o9f the cost and you can pay via our payments page.
The Heart of the Parent Teen Series is a resource that can not only strengthen families within your church but could be used as an effective evangelistic tool into your community. It is a resource that provides insight and support for parents of teenager and acts as a catalyst to improve parent-teen communication. Used as a small group resource, the series enables parents within the church to share their faith in a natural non-threatening way while discussing the challenges of family life. It is simple to use and doesn't require a facilitator who has expertise in parenting teenagers.
The Heart of the Parent Teen series is a twelve part discussion series which is flexible, practical, evangelistic, simple and attractive and non-threatening. It is made up of Four Modules entitled: Foundations, Understanding Your Teenager, Communication and Discipline. It can be used a number of ways:
- As a resource for teaching and discussion with groups of parents. Each session can be run as a stand-alone discussion, or the whole series can be held over successive weeks or months. It can also be run over a whole year in quarterly blocks by utilising a format of four separate modules each consisting of three sessions.
- As teaching series for parents of teenagers.
- A resource for the youth leader to read and enhance their own knowledge or parenting issues.
A FREE sample package containing the leader’s Notes, session one, and a publicity brochure all in .pdf format can be downloaded from our store.
Module One: Foundations
- Session One: Reflections on the Family – Foundational principles for a parent, or parents, to establish and work on in their family
- Session Two: Portrait of a Healthy Family – Discover and discuss six key indicators for health, and identify which areas need attention.
- Session Three: The Dynamics of Teenage Life – Understand the developmental tasks, needs, and pressures facing teenagers.
Module Two: Understanding Your Teenager
- Session Four: Adolescent Development – Explore and discuss the stages of personal development that your teenager is going through.
Session Five: Adolescent Behaviour – Discover the factors that influence behaviour, along with strategies for handling them.
Session Six: Adolescent Culture – Identify the cultural factors influencing young people and discuss strategies for dealing with them.
Module Three: Communication
Session Seven: Learning to Listen – Learn the skills of active listening and recognise the signals young people give when they want to talk.
Session Eight: Communicating Love – Learn about “love languages” and discover practical ways to show love.
Session Nine: Barriers to Communication – Discuss the obstacles that exist in society that limit communication, and look at ways to overcome them.
Module Four: Discipline
Session Ten: Principles of Discipline – Learn the underlying principles of discipline we must keep to in shaping our teenager’s life.
Session Eleven: Issues of Discipline – Discover how to discipline your teenager in a way that doesn’t create frustration and resentment.
Session Twelve: Dealing With Conflict – Learn how to resolve parent teen conflict in a way that is both healthy and productive.
The Heart of Parent-Teen is available as twelve printed handouts.
A FREE sample package containing the leader’s notes, session one, and a publicity brochure all in .pdf format can be downloaded from our store.
- Bridey Holford, Lutheran Youth leader, Christchurch“We found each session stimulating and invaluable and could not wait to take the information home to talk over with our teenagers. There were so many issues we were unaware of and had really not stopped to ask along the way and this was a helpful and challenging time to start to sort out some of these areas of concern.”
- Bruce and Colleen, Parents of three teenagers, Palmerston North